Shabby Miss Jenn
Photobucket Type 1 holder Photobucket

Monday, July 12, 2010

Amalgam Removal

I did it! Thanks to fantastic Kim finding a new dentist that doesn't over charge to have them removed, and accepts insurance, my Amalgam fillings were removed and replaced with resin (and much less visible). Found out something pretty unbelievable too while I was there:

"Amalgams contain approximately equal parts 50% of liquid mercury and 50% of an alloy powder containing multiple metals"

Are you kidding me? When Dr. Baker said they contain mercury, I was thinking <1%. Had I known they were 50% mercury I would have ripped them out there on the spot. What's better, the EPA has designated this as "hazardous waste material."  Yet, the ADA & the FDA still allow the use of mercury fillings, and is just now "begging to recognize that there may be some risks in using these fillings". For that reason they have banned the use on children and pregnant woman.... So ridiculous. I was a kid when I got them, they have been in my mouth for +15 years, and what if this is the root cause in this disease????

This was the first step to the next phase of operation diabetes. Removing wheat, dairy and corn isn't having the same results that others have had - although it has been very helpful.  I still am not completely off of insulin. The one thing Dr. Baker highlighted was the importance of removing the stressors from my body, and he was convinced it was bigger than just food. I'm going to see the naturopath that will hopefully be taking over Dr. Bakers practice, and ask him to repeat the test to see if I still have murcury in my system, and if so, go get a heavy metal chelation (detox).

Anyway, we though it was a huge 1st step and blog worthy. Will keep you up to date when I hear more about the naturopath.

Most dentists will remove amalgam fillings for you, but not all will follow protocols to make sure that you do not ingest even more mercury during the process.  To see the safest regimen - and what was used on me, go to http://www.dentalwellness4u.com/freeservices/amalremov2.html.

Here is a very interesting video... even if the guy does sound pretty boring.



Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment